Wednesday, March 02, 2005

This One's A Mushy One!


Hi to family and friends! It's already March, huh? Spring is just around the corner, but it's still cold here in J'boro. I saw frost all over the place when I let Abby out this a.m. I just got back from a twenty-four-hour visit to the local hospital where I left my appendix! I never even gave the little bugger a thought until it started to KILL ME on Saturday. I decided it was either IT or ME, and ME won, so now I'm home recuperating for a few days! Many, many thanks for Cousin Candee for getting me in to see Dr. McGrath earlier than my scheduled appointment. Also thanks to him for getting me the help I needed. Thanks, too, Candee for messing with my insurance and hospital and all that junk. And, Heather, nurse and friend and co-worker, thanks for checking on my insurance and steering me to the right hospital! You saved me a bundle. My boss, Supernurse Linda, knew it was my appendix when I called her on Sunday complaining. Beth, thanks for calling Monday night check on me. That was sweet of you and I appreciate it. Here's something I rarely say: I miss my co-workers. I'll be ready to go back to work next week. ( Hi, Terri, Ty, and Mel)

Auntie Linda was there ready to step in and do anything for me I needed. Thanks, Auntie. I love you and would do anything in the world for you.

Cousin Dennis, you were there during my surgery and have been such a good support for Mom. Thanks for everything. I love you and think of you like a dad.

Now, on to my wonderful immediate family. My MOM was with me from hospital check-in to hospital check-out. She left her job on the first day of its opening to be with me. She then waited on me hand and foot, and last night came over with groceries and fed me and washed the dishes. She has been wonderful. Thanks just don't cut it, Mom!

Brothers: Don has been with me almost the entire time, too! He was there at the hospital when I checked in, through the surgery and afterward. Then he hung out with Mom and me yesterday, and brought us coffee (Starbuck's latte!) and was willing to do anything for me that I needed. I hope you know how much I love you.

Dave - you have a family that keeps you hopping most of the time, but you were there during my surgery and I think I saw you there at midnight? I was pretty drugged, but I'm sure it was you! I know you and Don kept Mom entertained with your ignorant jokes, and for that I'm thankful. I hope you know how much I love you. (Haven't I said that already?)

Dawn, Emily, and Reece - you are wonderful and came to visit me and Dawn called to check on me after surgery. Then, you guys brought me a cool "sick present" last night! Thanks for the love you guys give me every day. And the candy. Can't forget the candy.

It's rare that a girl has even ONE sibling she's close to at my age, but to have TWO is really something. You brothers are the best and I'm so very lucky!

Okay, enough! My tooth hurts from all this sweetness! I'll be writing a lot this week with all this time on my hands. Look forward to some more really stupid jokes from Blake.

Love,
Vanessa

No comments: