Thursday, March 03, 2005

Progress Note

How's everyone today? I don't even know what day it is. Thursday maybe? I'm a "lady of leisure" for a few more days, so time is irrelevant. The gut is healing nicely, and I'm not as sore as I was yesterday. Sure have enjoyed all the company! Supernurses Linda and Heather came by yesterday afternoon and brought me a beautiful bouquet of daffodils and a card that everyone at work had signed. I miss you guys, too. I know it's WAY too quiet at work without my complaining every other minute that I'm hot, or these students are driving me nuts, or just generally smarting off to someone. (Why on earth do you keep me?) Then, Auntie Linda brought me a yummy dinner and we ate together and then Mom called, and Don called, so I had a good day.

Today I talked to Cousin Pam for over an hour. She's doing great. We're going to get together one night next week for a while. Angela stopped by about 30 minutes ago and brought me The DaVinci Code. I'm going to hole up and read it for the rest of the day. I really liked Brown's Angels and Demons; it was a fun read, so I know I'll like DaVinci as well. Thanks, Angela!

Carmen e-mailed me yesterday. Hi, Carmen! She's in San Marcos getting her MFA and practicing to become a world-famous writer. She'll be home in April for the Delta Blues Symposium.

Blake asks this question: Why do you not buy a woman a watch?

Answer: Because there's a clock on the stove.

Blakeblakeblakeblakeblake...I know you're kiddin'...right?

I'll publish another one from him tomorrow.

Funny Story: First, remember the one I told about Dawn's Aunt Linda and her husband, Mike and the valentine candy? Well, this one is about Mike and Linda's friends, I'll call Husband and Wife (to protect the innocent)
Husband and Wife never buy each other gifts (a lot like Mike and Linda, but I swear it's not them). So, on Valentine's Day, Wife gives Husband a little Valentine gift over breakfast. He's a little put out, because they just DON'T do that sort of thing. So, he goes to work, thinking, "Crap, now I have to go get her a card!" So, he stops by the store on his way home and buys Wife a Valentine's card. He gives it to her when he gets home and she can't believe he's done this! She takes it out of the envelope and it says: "Happy Valentine's Day, Nephew"

That's all for now, guys. Have a good day, and I'll talk to you later.

Love,
Vanessa

No comments: