Thursday, March 10, 2005

"Were you in this line?"

Happy Friday Eve. If the weather is warm this weekend it'll be great to be outside for a change. I think Emily has a practice softball game Saturday, and I need to wash my car, and Abby needs to go to the park, so hopefully it'll be nice and warm so I can do all that.

I'm listening to Van Morrison sing "Tupelo Honey" right now. I think he's my "stranded on a deserted island" pick for music. That island better have electricity. I could also listen to the Chieftains, with or without Morrison, every day and never tire of them. Hey, guys, give me your opinion of the best song ever. Write me and tell me and I'll post it.

Speaking of songs, I'm sure lots of you remember some of the great ones from the 60's and 70's. Well, Blake just sent me this update:

Some of the artists from the '60s and 70's are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers. They include:

Herman's Hermits: "MRS. BROWN, YOU'VE GOT A LOVELY WALKER"
The Bee Gees: "HOW CAN YOU MEND A BROKEN HIP"
Bobby Darin: "SPLISH, SPLASH, I WAS HAVIN' A FLASH"
Ringo Starr: "I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM DEPENDS"
Roberta Flack: "THE FIRST TIME EVER I FORGOT YOUR FACE"
Johnny Nash: "I CAN'T SEE CLEARLY NOW"
Paul Simon: "FIFTY WAYS TO LOSE YOUR LIVER"
Commodores: "ONCE, TWICE, THREE TIMES TO THE BATHROOM"
Marvin Gaye: "I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPE NUTS"
Procol Harem: "A WHITER SHADE OF HAIR"
Leo Sayer: "YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE NAPPING"
The Temptations: "PAPA'S GOT A KIDNEY STONE"

Thanks, Blake!

I was standing in line at Kroger earlier and this woman leaves her place in the line next to me and comes up to me and asks me if I was in line. Her exact words were, "Were you in this line?" I was the next one to check out and I guess she thought if she acted stupid I would let her in front of me. Obviously, she didn't know who she was messing with! I gave her my extremely put-out look and just said, "yes." She giggled and said, "Oops! Okay!" and got back in her own line. When I got up to the checkout, the young girl working the register said, "Were you in this line?" in the most mocking voice I've ever heard. I cracked up. Then, she said, "Boy, I was wanting you to pop her good!" I just love that young girl. I will always look for her when I'm ready to check out at Kroger. Wish I could remember her name.

I was expressing to Tylonia that I wished you people would either write me through e-mail or comment here on my blog, and she said I should threaten you with no more writing until you start writing back! I know better. If I threaten that you'll NEVER write. So, I'm going to keep writing every single, stinking day and you all better get with the program. I even provide topics (see above re: favorite song) so you don't have to try to come up with anything on your own.

That's it for now. Much love,
Vanessa

No comments: