Saturday, March 19, 2005

"Spreading Joy and Fertilizer at the Same Time"

Good Saturday morning to you all! It's early and I'm having my first cup of coffee for the day. I do believe that's the only reason I get out of bed. First there's the anticipation of that cup when I'm scooping the grounds and dropping them into the coffeemaker basket. Then I hear the dripping and begin to smell that unique aroma. I can hardly wait until it's finished dripping. Sometimes I cheat and yank that carafe out from under the basket and pour a half cup anyway. Thank goodness for dripus interuptus. Yes, I am truly happy for about five minutes, alone with my steaming mug o'java. Then the real world begins to seep back in and I turn into my usual scrappy self that you all know. (And some love.)

Blake, who I think I'll adopt, sent this last night:

Nessa,

Here is a joke I thought you might like. I thought it was hilarious. Hope all is well.

An old couple were getting ready for a night of bingo. The old lady was looking in the mirror and said to the husband, "why are you with me?"
He said, "what do you mean?"
The old lady said "just look at me. I am falling apart. I have bags under my eyes, wrinkles all over my face, my boobs hang to my waist, my arms are flabby, and my arse looks like a golf ball. I have just fallen apart and I can't see why you are with me."
The old man replied "well, because I love you."
The old lady said " how can you love someone who looks like me? Just tell me one good feature I have. "
The old man replied "For one thing your eyesight is perfect!"

P.S. I just love reading my own jokes on your website. It makes me happy. Spreading joy and fertilizer all at the same time. Ain't life grand.
Love in Christ, Blake

Blake, you're great. I'm lucky to know you, Buddy!

I've got to go take a shower now. I have an appointment with my hairdresser at 9:30. I'm sure I'll have something to report after visiting her. Last time I was there, a "dude" walked in with the most hilarious mullet I've ever seen. I could have kicked myself for not having my camera with me. He would have made a great entry in mullets.com! (I'm taking the camera today just in case.)

Love,
Vanessa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ness,I was just reading past blog entries when I noticed where you put mullets.com. Just in curiosity, I typed in mullets.com. You should really visit it. It will crack you up, what you find there.(P.S:It isn't what ypu expected.)