Friday, March 11, 2005

A Purse Is a Girl's Best Friend

Auntie Linda and I met for coffee at Books-A-Million after work today. I then conned her into going next door to Kroger with me (it's NOT Krogers, people, there is no "S" in Kroger so please don't call it Krogers, okay?) because I'm making brownies for Don to take to him tomorrow. So, I'm thinking that nothing exciting is going to happen on this trip to the supermarket. I'm right, until we leave Kroger and are walking through the parking lot to go to our cars and we see two police cars parked in front of Books-A-Million and a cop putting handcuffs on this guy. The other policeman is searching the guy's car and there is a girl in the back seat of one of the police cars. The girl's purse is still in the car and it's up on the back part of the car, whatever that place is called, I don't know, the back dash maybe? It was one of those ugly green purses you see everyone in the world carrying right now. So that is what I start obsessing on: the purse and how she doesn't have access to it. I would absolutely die if I were separated from my purse. Just you try to take my purse, buddy, and see what happens. It isn't the eight whole dollars in the wallet that I care about. It isn't necessarily the use of my credit or debit cards, either. It's the idea that I would have to start over. New drivers license, calling the credit card company and the bank. But especially the loss of my makeup and advil container and cute little Kleenex package and all that gum! Oh, and my little notepad that I jot down my ignorant ideas! That would really be impossible to replace. Nope, I'd face a jerk at gunpoint, I think, to keep my purse. That poor girl in the police car. She had no choice. I know, she was a thief or a drug dealer or worse, but I couldn't help feel sympathy for her for not getting to hang on to her ugly green purse.

Wow, thanks for all the comments, guys. Here's a few I got yesterday and today:




Yeah, that's a whopping big zilch on the comments. It takes less than five minutes to say, "Hey, Ness!" One of these days one or two of you people who have the tiniest bit of conscience will tire of reading my discourse on how you are lousy not to write me, and you'll think, "Gosh, maybe she's serious that she wants us to comment."

I hope everyone has a decent weekend and the weather allows you venture out and breathe a little fresh air for a change. I am actually looking forward to some Spring weather. Oh, I'll start complaining again as soon as it gets hot, though, don't worry!

I love you all and wish you lots and lots of happiness.

XOXO,
Vanessa

No comments: