Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Ah, the South

I can't stand to hear "y'all" - and folks in these parts can't even spell it correctly. You will usually see it written "ya'll" which is WRONG. It's a contraction of you and all. But heck, lotsa folk who say it can't (or should I say cain't) even write, so why am I going on about it? (Or stirin' up sech a ruckus)?? Because, Angela just sent me this: A GUY JUST SAID "YOU'UNS" - and she told me not to post it, but I did anyway. Supernurse Heather just told me that the "you'uns" is a SE Missouri thang. That figures.

While I'm here, heard from Blake again and he's really on a roll:

"Once upon a time there was an elderly gentleman suffering from Alzheimer's. His wife of 40 years loved him very much, but she couldn't handle him any longer. He would wander about, never knowing where he was or even who he was. She decided to take him to a nursing home. At the nursing home, while the wife was filling out paperwork, a nurse had the gentleman sit in a chair. Suddenly the man started slowly leaning to his left. The nurse ran over and put a pillow on his left side to prop him up. A few minutes later, he started leaning to his right. The nurse ran over and put a pillow on his right side. Then he started leaning forward. This time the nurse strapped him into the chair. After completing the paperwork, his wife walked up to him and asked, "So are you sure this place is okay?" "It's okay," he said, "but why won't they let me fart?" "

Thanks for reading, "YOU GUYS"

Love,
Vanessa

No comments: