Tuesday, March 15, 2005

This One's for the Middle Child

This just in from my brother, Dave, aka "the other brother:"

"#5 on chores I hate to do: return videos to the same store they were rented from. --Posted by the other brother.... to Aunt Vanessa at 3/14/2005 09:48:15 PM"

Dave, I have never called you "the other brother" but I know you would like to remain so on this website. Nuh uh. Your cross to bear is being my brother, and so you will have all your screw-ups posted on my website and YOU WILL LIKE IT.

So, to what is he referring above? Well, let his sister tell on him:
When Reece and/or Emily spend the night with me we always rent a couple of movies. They always want to take those movies home with them the next day, so it then becomes Dave's and Dawn's responsibility to return the movies on time. They never do. They DO, however, always pay the late fee, so I don't really care when they return them. One day a fellow from Hastings called and asked me where the two movies were that I had rented, like two weeks earlier! I indignantly told the guy that I had returned them. Okay, he said, he'd go look for them again on the shelves. He called back and said they were not on the shelves. I remembered that Reece had taken them home, so I called Dawn and she said yes, Dave had definitely taken them back for me. So I called Hastings again, told them to look again, and was told again that they were not on the shelves. So then I thought, "wait, it was DAVE who took them back." I called Dave and asked him where he took the movies, and he said Blockbuster. Ah hah, problem solved. Funny, because the DVDs said Hastings all over them. Fortunately, Blockbuster still had them and the late fee at Hastings was less than Dave's house payment, so now I just owe the Hastings dude an apology for my behavior. I have yet to call him.

Vanessa loves her brother.

No comments: