Saturday, April 23, 2005

Something I Must Say Before I Go To Bed

When you are eleven years old and you’ve played softball all day in a tournament and you are the catcher, which means you are "on" all the time, and it’s the last game of the night and it’s 10:30 and the game is tied at 3-all and you are the last one to bat and you hit two foul balls, then you strike out and the game is over and your team has been eliminated from the tournament, you deserve that good cry and you also deserve all the love and support your teammates and their parents and your parents and your coach and your aunt showed you after the game. I hope you get to sleep as late as you want tomorrow, Emily. I love you.

Ness

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you wrote this at 11:40 at night but there is NO exuse for spelling foul as if it is a BIRD!!!! Nothing gets past the human spell-check!!!

Unknown said...

Yikes, Emily! I cannot BELIEVE I wrote that. I'm going to edit it now. It would drive me nuts to leave it that way.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad you edited that woopsie!! By the way, I did end up going back to school today.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Em. I called to check on you and your mom said you had gone back to school. Love ya, love ya!