Friday, April 08, 2005

How Things Change

I've been having a few health problems that started with my appendix removal on Feb. 28. Since then, I've been thinking, usually out loud, about how your body starts its descent downhill when you have your 30th birthday. By 40, well, forget it. It's all over. Not mentally, at least not too bad, but one's internal organs, OH! Everything stops working, or starts working too much, or only works when you don't want it to. You get the idea. I made a short list of a few other things that change, and as I think of more, I'll add to the list. And hey, feel free to chime in with your two cents' worth about all this, too!

TWENTY-YEAR-OLDS VS. FORTY-YEAR-OLDS

TWENTY
1) 9am = not even thinking about waking up
2) 10pm = time to go dancing!
3) Ultimate vacation = drinking all day on a sandy white beach
4) MTV Music Awards
5) Poop? Never give it a second thought

FORTY
1) 9am = already washed 2 loads of laundry, the car, and have been to Wal-Mart
2) 10pm = waiting for the weather on TV so you can go to bed
3) Ultimate vacation = Okay, that one’s the same
4) Academy Awards
5) Poop? What’s that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I resent that about the pooping. I have ALWAYS been appreciative of a good, timely poop.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but they are so few and far between that it's like, what is that? when it happens!

Anonymous said...

I'm right in between there.

THIRTY, AFTER BIRTHING TWO KIDS

1) 9am = already fed the kids, broke up two arguments, sorted the laundry and praying for naptime

2) 10pm = finally got those monkeys to shut up and sleep, still doing laundry, wondering how it got to be 10pm so quick

3) Ultimate vacation = A maid, a nanny and a cute poolboy named Julio

4) Awards? Like on TV? Not unless I get a TV in my bathroom!

5) Poop? Who forgot to tell me that having kids and going on/off the pill for the last year would have me running for the toilet everytime I eat? I PRAY FOR CONSTIPATION.

=P

Good luck with your colon on Monday!