I've been having a few health problems that started with my appendix removal on Feb. 28. Since then, I've been thinking, usually out loud, about how your body starts its descent downhill when you have your 30th birthday. By 40, well, forget it. It's all over. Not mentally, at least not too bad, but one's internal organs, OH! Everything stops working, or starts working too much, or only works when you don't want it to. You get the idea. I made a short list of a few other things that change, and as I think of more, I'll add to the list. And hey, feel free to chime in with your two cents' worth about all this, too!
TWENTY-YEAR-OLDS VS. FORTY-YEAR-OLDS
1) 9am = not even thinking about waking up
2) 10pm = time to go dancing!
3) Ultimate vacation = drinking all day on a sandy white beach
4) MTV Music Awards
5) Poop? Never give it a second thought
1) 9am = already washed 2 loads of laundry, the car, and have been to Wal-Mart
2) 10pm = waiting for the weather on TV so you can go to bed
3) Ultimate vacation = Okay, that one’s the same
4) Academy Awards
5) Poop? What’s that?