Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Family


Auntie Linda, my mom, Grandmother Bera, and I often joke about buying a huge house so we could all live together. It's a joke. We wouldn't survive a month living under one roof. I do, however, love my mom, aunt, and grandmother. They are unique, strong, loving, and love to tell jokes. What more could I want? When cousin Candee sent the following joke to me, I couldn't help but think of the women in my life who have influenced me:

Three sisters ages 92, 94 and 96 live in a house together. One night the 96-year-old draws a bath. She puts her foot in and pauses. She yells to the other sisters, "Was I getting in or out of the bath?" The 94 year old yells back, "I don't know. I'll come up and see." She starts up the stairs and pauses, "was I going up the stairs or down?" The 92-year-old is sitting at the kitchen table having tea listening to her sisters. She shakes her head and says, "I sure hope I never get that forgetful, knock on wood." She then yells, "I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who's at the door."

So, that's it for me. Love to my family and my friends,
Vanessa

1 comment:

Eddo said...

I LOVE this story, I think it is on my website under the "Laugh" section.

Anyway, the cookie recipe is posted in the comments section of my website - the recipe can be halved - but why half it, I say just get a huge bowl out and be prepared to have enough coookies to feed the 5000.

Okay, I must go for now - take care! And as always, thanks for stopping by Posted Note!