Wednesday, April 27, 2005

It's Neurotic Wednesday

Since the Great Colon Scare of March ’05, I’ve become obsessed with fiber. I check the fiber content in everything at the grocery store, and if it’s something that does not have a label, such as an orange, I look up the information on the internet. I also take Fibercon tablets and Flax Oil capsules, which are high in the “good fat” so that everything I eat soon leaves my colon. I keep imagining my colon as this great hostess that wants everyone to stay. “Come on in,” it says. “Cheese Dip? Yeah, I LOVE you! Hey, Red Meat, come in. I know you’ll stay for a long, long time.” Then, when I eat my daily serving of All Bran, my colon says to the party, “Oh no, guys, look out! You’re getting ready to leave the party!”

I was talking about fiber to my brother, Don, (oh, yeah, I talk about it all the time, too) and he told me that there is a cereal called Uncle Sam’s that is loaded with fiber. It contains more fiber than anything. I asked him where I could buy it and he said Wal-Mart had it. He also added that if I took a bowl of sand and added sugar and milk to it, it would taste better than that cereal. So, I’m going to stop obsessing a little and not buy the cereal. I will, however, welcome any useful information about fiber that any of you would like to contribute.

To change the subject, congratulations to The Fury, Emily’s softball team, for winning second place in last night’s tournament. You go, girls!

Much love to all,
Vanessa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya, I have a question. Is Flax Oil anything like Fish Oil? Because my doctor suggested I take Fish Oil tablets for my cholesterol and they give me wicked fishburps.

=P

Unknown said...

I was reading your blog the same time you were reading mine, Coffeegirl! Flax Oil is for digestion and enables a dieter to get the essential fat she needs to keep healthy. Fish oil is for your heart, so I wouldn't change.

Amanda said...

either one sounds yucky to me. i will stick with my steady diet of ice cream and pb&js!

Unknown said...

Okay, Amanda, you get a break 'cause you're preggers, but after that, I'm going to convert you to the ways of fiber!

Unknown said...

Coffeegirl,
Try the crushed flax seed, or flax powder. I put it in eggs, oatmeal, salad. It has an okay flavor-kind of nutty.

Amanda said...

alright. i will be sure to come to you for fiber advice. this post made me laugh! the great colon scare of '05. lol...