Saturday, April 02, 2005

100 Things About Vanessa, Part II

This is quite a project! I think of these things when I'm in the shower, or driving, or rolling my eyes while listening to someone I wish would shut up, so I'm not always able to write them down when I think of them. Trying to remember them is even worse. One hundred will gradually be published, but it'll take some time. Oh, and I highly recommend you make your own list, too. It's fun. (Yes, I don't get out much. It's pretty obvious, huh?)

21. I curse like a sailor when I am driving.
22. If you want to know anything about British royalty, ask me.
23. I never get burned out on pizza.
24. I melt when I hear someone speaking French.
25. When I am home, my dog stares at me. All the time. She’s doing it right now.
26. I think Bette Davis is second only to Katharine Hepburn.
27. I do not like to shop.
28. I do not like malls.
29. I get high walking into a used bookstore. (This is not shopping.)
30. I think the internet is the greatest thing since peanut butter.
31. Caller ID is better than peanut butter.
32. I feel powerful when I’m able to repair something myself.
33. I never liked sports until my niece starting playing softball.
34. I like to boss people around.
35. I don’t like to be bossed around.
36. Realistic art does not impress me. Picasso’s does.
37. I recognize passive-aggressive behavior when I see it.
38. I look sick in lavender.
39. I think watching TV is a waste of time.
40. I like being left-handed.

Regarding #39: I am one of the last of the baby boomers (a.k.a. the TV Generation) so I watched a lot of television growing up. Last year, while finishing my masters, I decided I was spending too much time spacing out in front of the tube, so I had my cable disconnected and now I only watch a movie on DVD ocassionally. It took a few weeks to get used to no TV, but it was the best thing I ever did. In fact, now I am completely annoyed when I am in a room with a TV on. I highly recommend doing this, even if it's just for one week. Try it. You might read more and enjoy your CDs that you never play.

Happy Saturday to all. Coffeegirl, I love reading your stuff! When I figure out how to add links to this site, I'll put yours on the side of my blog. You're great! Until then, here's the cheesy way: http://www.coffeegirl13.squarespace.com/

Love,
Vanessa

No comments: