After having such a good time with Reece yesterday, I went over to Auntie L's to watch "Meet the Fockers" but we couldn't get the sound to work on her DVD player, so we watched "Chappelle's Show" and flipped the channels for a while then got into a conversation about life. Linda asked me if I had it to do all over, would I have had children. It's not like I planned not to, it just didn't work out for me to be a mom. I was divorced at 32 and never wanted to remarry, and didn't want to be a single parent. I told her yes, definitely, I would have had a couple of kiddos. As soon as I said it I was wishing I could take it back, but it was already in the atmosphere. So, yes, I would have loved to have had children, but it wasn't in the cards for me, and I'm actually relieved that I don't. I have the best niece and nephew one could hope to have, so truly I am blessed, and I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with them if I had rugrats of my own.
So, now I'm Crazy Dog Lady. Today, while trying to finish a novel, Abby jumped in my lap. That made Roxy want in my lap, so I reached for her and apparently grabbed her the wrong way because she let out a high-pitched yelp then she PEED on me. I had just finished the laundry, too, and all my "lounge britches" were hanging to dry. Thanks, Roxy.
The novel I finished is Of Human Bondage. It was first published in 1915, I think, and it has a little of the Victorian in it, but it's more characteristically an early twentieth-century novel. I loved it from page one. It took forever to read, since I was only reading a few chapters at bedtime, so today I decided to finish it. I would recommend it to anyone.
Sorry for the rambling. I am supposed to be studying but I got sleepy so I decided to inflict my thoughts on you guys.
Here are some more Wright-isms for you:
12. OK, so what's the speed of dark?
13. How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
14. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
15. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
16. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
17. Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
18. Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now.
19. I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
20. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
21. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
22. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?