Monday, May 30, 2005

Hit It WHERE????

Emily played in a softball tournament Saturday and Sunday in Ripley, Tennessee. Where's Ripley? Why, Ripley's the county seat! (Anyone old enough out there to remember that line?) Emily didn't play with her regular team, Fury, but with a tournament team that formed specifically for this tournament. They played teams that had been playing together for a while and they still placed third overall. That's an accomplishment! It was a lot of fun getting to watch them play and spending time with the family. The team's coach was a very nice dad who got them to play so well by being kind instead of screaming at them. That was a pleasant experience and an unusual one. Normally those coaches get a little hysterical. During one of the games, Emily's team was really hitting the ball, however, the opposing team was able to catch every flyball that came their way. Emily's coach finally said, "Hit it where nobody ain't!" That was such a good one I had to write it down so I could blog it. I had no idea what he meant by that, but David explained it to me. He said, "It's perfectly acceptable softball language and it means hit the ball so that it will land where no one is standing." I could never be a coach. Reece had a good time, too, and was a lot of fun. He starts softball in July. I can hardly wait!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reece doesn't play softball!! He plays BASEBALL!!!

Unknown said...

Excuse me, dear niece, dear preteen, I was mistaken.

Anonymous said...

Oh my... That is very scary that I was thinking the very same thing as I read the entry.