Thursday, September 15, 2005

More Reasons I Love Being An Aunt

Today, I was reminded of something funny Emily said to me when she was about five years old. She was spending the night with me and I was in the bathroom preparing her bath. I was testing the water temperature, so of course I was bent over at the waist. Emily walked into the bathroom and said, “Boy, Nessa, your bottom sure is big.” I love her.

Another time, when Reece was about five years old, he was spending the night with me and I was in the shower. When I finished showering, I opened the shower curtain and there was Reece sitting on the toilet. I didn’t want to freak out and start trying to cover myself and make him feel weird, so I just started to dry off casually. He was looking at me and almost fell off the toilet trying to see my, well, my um, you-know-what. I got a little tickled and asked, “What are you looking at, Reece?” His poor little head nearly snapped off due to the speed in which he turned it toward the wall and shouted, “Nothing!” I love him, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. well, being an aunt does not seem so different than being a mother. my boys tell me that I'm fat all the time and stare at me when I take a shower too!!!

Suburban Turmoil said...

So sweet. I love how much you love your niece and nephew. It's really wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooo sorry I said that way back then! i didn't know any better!!

Unknown said...

I didn't post this to make you feel sorry, Emily, really! I honestly thought it was cute and I laughed then and I'm laughing now. It's just one of those things kids say, which makes them (you) so wonderful. And it makes me SO lucky to be your aunt, sweetie!!