Saturday, December 08, 2007

On a Cold Winter's Day

I finished all my assignments early and now I can relax and enjoy the holidays! It's such a relief. Stopped by the library on the way home last night and got THIS BOOK, and THIS ONE, and also THIS ONE. Don't they look like good, easy, fun reading that have nothing to do with Library Theory? I'm curled up with my favorite blanket and favorite dog, there's two inches of snow on the ground, and I did my grocery shopping last night. That all translates to: I'm staying in all weekend and reading. Also have a few movies to watch, too. And I need to wrap Christmas gifts. I can't think of a better way to spend a cold weekend.

We had our work holiday party yesterday and we ate good food and then played Dirty Santa. I was Santa. I sort of took over as Work Hostess last year for the holiday party and resumed the role this year. It was actually fun and work parties are usually not that fun. We had some good gifts and everyone seemed to have a good time. I have no significant complaints about work. For the first time in my life, I think. If I thought I was stuck doing my job for the rest of my life, I'd be whining, but I know it's temporary, at least until I finish school, so I can deal with anything unpleasant knowing that. And, I like all my coworkers. They're a good bunch of creative, intelligent people.

I think I mentioned, a time or two, that I have been going to Weight Watchers. I joined the week before Labor Day, in September, and have lost 39 lbs. I want to be at sans 40 lbs. by Christmas and I think I'll make it! This is the longest I've stayed with a healthy eating program in forever and I feel great. Still fat, I know, because I'd really let myself go in the last few years, but I think I actually have a handle on it now. Talking about it helps keep me honest, too. I'm not perfect, and I do slip up occasionally, but for some reason I'm able to get back on track whenever I do slip, and in the past I wasn't able to do that. I attribute it ALL to attitude; I'm staying positive and not letting depression or stress get a grip on me. Wow, sounds like I'm somewhat normal. Must be this cold weather.

Enough of the boasting. Didn't really plan to do that, but I am proud of myself for the first time in a long time, and I see nothing wrong with having a little pride in oneself. Now I need to go grease the door frame so that I can get my huge head out the door and take Abby for a walk.

Stay warm!

1 comment:

Miz S said...

THIRTY-NINE POUNDS?? Damn, girl, you have every reason to boast. That's a lot of weight to shed. Good on ya, baby.