Sunday, February 26, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMILY!!


She was trying not to laugh.
Originally uploaded by Aunt Vanessa.
You, my precious niece, are an amazing girl. From the first moment I held you, I knew you were something really, really special. Your eyes seemed to be taking it all in, as calmly as you could, and you had an expression on your face that said, “Hey, world! I’m here and I’m not going to get in any hurry about anything. I’m just going to look around for a while, and when I’m able to talk, I’ll tell you what I think about everything I’ve learned, so far.” From that moment, Emily, you’ve been a sponge soaking up every drop of information your brain could hold. I am amazed at our conversations. You can discuss history, literature, and technology better than most adults, then you can get so excited about lipgloss and earrings, that I remember you’re a preteen. You can also catch a zooming softball better than anyone and throw it to second as smoothly and accurately as any coach could hope for and then step up to the plate and knock that ball into the grass. I love it when you’ve made it to home plate and you start running back to the dugout and look over at your family and give us a little grin and a wave. Yeah, you rock, Emily. Happy Birthday. Mmmmwwwwwaaaaah!

Love,
Vanessa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!!

Crazy MomCat said...

Yes, Happy Birthday! I don't know you personally, but your Aunt certainly has shared a lot of your gifts with us and I can tell you're quite a special person. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Emily - I hope you had a fabulous birthday. You sound like an awesome kid. Your auntie thinks you are the coolest!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!