Monday, December 26, 2005

Post Christmas Tidbits

1. Even my warmup pants are tight today.

2. Figure skating is a sport. I’ve been addicted to it, much like my brothers are to football, for several years and I’m having trouble with the new rules and judging system. They’re supposed to be more fair, and some of the new rules do make sense, but I’m not fond of change.

3. I also don’t like surprises. I’d rather know in advance so that I can start my worrying as soon as possible.

4. I fell asleep this afternoon while at the movies watching “Syriana.” I heard someone snoring and woke up and realized the noise was coming from me.

5. Christmas was really fun this year. Last night my family came to my house and we had a great time, especially watching Emily and Reece open their gifts. I never actually saw him do it, but Reece apparently counted the number of gifts he and his sister received. After they’d opened all their gifts, Reece said that Emily received more gifts than he did. He wasn’t being a bratty kid, just a competitive one. Of course, we adults denied it, but after we’d all finished opening gifts, we realized that there was one unopened gift buried under the pile of gift bags and wrapping paper. It was for Reece.

6. Tomorrow it’s back to work, but for the next two weeks I have four-day work weeks, so it won’t be so bad.

7. I hear a cupcake in the kitchen calling my name.

8. My family gave me an iPod Nano for Christmas. I tried to program it today but kept getting an error. Something about my computer not recognizing something, UB port something, blah blah blah. I know if I ever figure out how to program it, I’m going to love it. It’s quite cute. So is my family.

6 comments:

Crazy MomCat said...

Oh, I am so laughing at your Syriana snore incident. Too funny!

And, if you haven't read my post Christmas blog tidbits, you will laugh at my #5, as compared to your number 5. Let's just say yours made me feel better about mine! HA!

I'm totally jealous of your iPod too. I just have a cheapie MP3 player, but I fantacize about the iPod frequently. (grin)

Glad you had a good holiday!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Momcat, I'm really jealous of your iPod! I'm so happy that you had a great Christmas, and I love the pictures...

Daph said...

Oooh, my sis got an iPod too! I'm quite jealous! Hope you had a merry Christmas (and thanks so much for the card, btw! It was too cute! :D).

Suburban Turmoil said...

Merry Christmas, Vanessa! I know the feeling of number one. I'm cracking up picturing you snoring in Syriana- Was it that bad? And it took me a good three weeks to get my stepdaughters' iPod up and running- Hopefully, you'll fare better!

Anonymous said...

dad is so jealous of my iPod, but i am sooooo happy! i'm listening to it right now! oh yeah, and Ness, i sold my old iPod Shuffle to Don!

Anonymous said...

Hee. Wish I had been there to poke you in the movie theatre. Your Christmas sounds lovely-and your family sounds lovely too. Enjoy those 4-day weeks coming up.