Sunday, July 15, 2007

Kicking Back and Enjoying Myself

Ohmigosh, THIS BOOK is wonderful. I just finished it and immediately looked up the writer, so that I could read everything she's ever written. The book is the chosen one for the "One Read" program in Columbia and surrounding central Missouri towns, and I've been seeing it promoted at the library, and my friend, Sandy, said it was a great read, so I finally got it a few days ago and haven't been able to put it down. Add it to your must-read list.

I watched "A Room With a View" last night. I haven't seen it in several years and had forgotten how much I loved Edwardian stifled passion. I also have "Gosford Park" and "Venus" at home now and will try to watch them this week. I watched "Gosford" several years ago and loved it and can't wait to see it again. Not sure how I'll react to the other one, but I've always liked Peter O'Toole.

I'm baking cookies and they are a pain, but they look really good. They're sugar cookies with chocolate sprinkles on top and I hope they taste good, since they're for a party at work tomorrow. Actually "work party" is an oxymoron, I know, but we're having a going-away-dessert-bar-drop-in-function-thing for someone tomorrow and I thought if I wrote party it would be enough but then I felt compelled to explain. Enough about that already.

I really need to do some housework before I begin this book, because I know I'll just ignore the house once I begin the book. All my summer projects have gone ignored because I've been reading up a storm, making up for lost time over the last two semesters when I was agonizing over Library Management and Cataloging. Doubt I'll get to even one of my intended projects now, and you know what? I don't really care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, I LOVED The Namesake.