Monday, April 24, 2006

Nothing Much

It was a busy weekend. Reece spent the night with me on Friday and we had a good time eating Subway sandwiches and chips and cookies and watching movies. Then Saturday morning we went for donuts. I don’t know who enjoys the sleep overs more: the child or the aunt. Saturday and Sunday I spent watching Emily play softball. Her team won first place in the tournament. Go, Emily!

I just received an acceptance letter from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. I’d received an e-mail from my new advisor at UT on Friday, but I didn’t get a letter until today. Now I’m actually going to have to decide the best place to go. Ultimately, however, it will be money that will be the deciding factor. I’ll go wherever I can go and work while studying for my masters. But, anyway, yeah! It’s good news that I sort of have a choice. It’s also stressing me out trying to keep all the e-mails straight, and trying to find a job and everything else that I can possibly worry about. I especially like to worry about all the things over which I have absolutely NO control.

It’s beginning to thunder and it looks like rain. I’m paranoid about being on the computer when it’s storming. Afraid the lightening might zap the life out of my laptop. So, on that note, I’d better turn this thing off and run for the covers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your excellent auntie weekend and the acceptance! Choices, choices, choices -- good luck deciding which one is the best fit for you.

Anonymous said...

it's funny, last night it thundered and rained very hard in Paris...

like I told you before, I'm begging you ADOPT ME!

and YAY! for being accepted!

Daph said...

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend! :) And congrats on being accepted and having a choice! You go, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being in a situation where you can choose between schools. If you're going to have stress, that's a good kind to have.

And congrats, Emily!

Anonymous said...

DUDE! The white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies from Subway are AWESOME! Shoot! Now I've got a craving for them.