Thursday, July 21, 2005

This Is The One Where I Blow Any Chance Of Getting A Birthday Gift From My Brother

After work last night, I went to pick up Reece for our dinner date and when I arrived, no one was home yet. I went inside and played with Dooley for a few minutes, then sat down at the kitchen table and began to read the paper. In a few minutes, I felt something soft and furry being placed on the tops of my feet. Dooley had given me his "girlfriend," a hot pink teddy bear he likes to "love" on, if you know what I mean. As sweet as the gesture was, I really didn't want the nasty thing touching me, so I kicked it off and continued reading. Dooley is so cute about his "girlfriend." He brings her to me everytime I visit his house. He wants me to play fetch with it. I usually do play the game with him, but I get bored with it much quicker than he does.

After dinner, I brought Reece home and David was there. He and Dawn had also gone to dinner. I said something like, “Oh, I didn’t realize you were home.” And he grinned and said “Dawn dropped me off before she went to pick up Emily. I had to See A Man About A Horse.” I’m sure I looked at him rather oddly, because I had no idea what he meant. Then Reece said, “Dad, why didn’t you just poop in the bathroom at the restaurant?” Reece is receiving an excellent education from my brother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grossaroonie.

btw, we used to say "dropping the kids off at the pool" until some clever person came up with "dropping the younglings off at the jedi temple." i'm not naming any names.

Anonymous said...

You are so dead....you are going to force me to be a deaf mute whenever I'm around you. How can I go about my non-assuming life without certain "activities" and sayings being posted on this www. thing you got goin' here. I hate technology.

How does the GEICO commercial go? "I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance by switching blah blah blah"

Well, I just saved a lot of money on birthday shopping by switching on Emily's computer.