Monday, July 18, 2005

I Am PEEVED

After work today, I went to see Emily and Reece. Emily’s been away at camp and I hadn’t seen her for almost two weeks. I hadn’t seen much of Reece, either, for the past couple of weeks, so I was really missing them. Emily was telling me about camp, and that one of her cabin mates was a girl named Toni. Toni’s mom, Janet, is an old acquaintance of mine. Janet worked for my mom several years ago and I knew her from working with her. She also introduced me to the idiot I married. Yes, Janet was, is, and always will be my arch enemy whom I attribute to causing me several years of misery through her cruel, ignorant fix-up with Idiot Boy. Yes, Janet knew he was not simply a “diamond in the rough” when she introduced us. She knew of his past behavior with his first wife and she knew he was a retched excuse for a human being. She thought I would be “good for him,” which is why she pushed us together. Okay, I’m an idiot, too, for actually marrying him, but this story isn’t about me.

It seems that while Emily was in her cabin at camp, she was hot and thirsty and Toni had a cooler full of bottled water. It’s a rule at this camp that no one is allowed to bring food with them. I guess water doesn’t count, or Janet From Another Planet, yeah she’s crazy, thinks that her precious lil’ punkin is above the rules. (Oh, and EVERYONE knows that Janet is more than a couple of cards shy of a full deck.) Anyway, Emily asked Toni if she could have one of her bottles of water, and Toni said, “No, my mom told me not to share it with anyone.” Can you believe that? I am fighting myself not to call Janet and give her a big old piece of my mind. Did I mention that the brat goes to a private Christian school??? I bet Toni ends up having as many friends as her wonderfully popular mom has.

6 comments:

Daph said...

Ooooh. OOOOOOH! I hate crap like that. Little kids learning to be brats at a young age from their parents... and the parents should SO know better.

Janet sounds like a real turd. I mean, what kind of woman tells her daughter not to share bottled-freakin'-water, for cryin' out loud?!

Unknown said...

Yes, Daph, Janet is a huge turd. I'm constantly surprised at how ignorant some parents are. I'm glad my niece has good parents.

Anonymous said...

My little man, well, my middle little man, anyways-my middle child that is only 3 years old is always willing to share. Every time he gets a cookie, cracker, drink, etc, he always says, "Now I get one por Win", (he cannot pronounce his f's, he uses p's) I'm starting eary with my kids. There is nothing worse than a selfish person. The most beautiful person can turn as ugly as a shit house rat when they become selfish.
CR

Unknown said...

Yes, Cousin, your little middle-boy is kind and generous and so freakin' cute I want to eat those cheeks off.

Anonymous said...

I don't care that little people become little brats, but NO ONE SHOULD LET EMILY BE THIRSTY AND HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Irene understands EXACTLY how I feel about my darling Emily.