Sunday, March 01, 2009

What snow?

I'd planned to go to Arkansas yesterday to spend a few days with the family and celebrate Emily's birthday, but then there was a huge threat of snow from central Missouri to northeast Arkansas, which is exactly where I would have been driving, so I postponed the trip until next Friday. (We didn't get one flake of snow here.) I'll get to party with the family and celebrate Dawn's and Don's birthdays, though, on March 8 and 9 while I'm visiting, so it will be fun. Emily's going to have to wait another week, however, for her birthday presents. Here she is on the morning of her birthday, all beautiful and grown up:



Look at this boy! I can't believe how big he's gotten in just a couple of months. I can't wait to kiss those cheeks. This is the snow they received in Arkansas yesterday and take a look at the remains of their willow tree in the background:




Now, here's what that willow tree looked like after the big ice storm in February, when most of my hometown was without power for several days:



Isn't that something?

No comments: