Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break Check-In

I think I rushed into Spring a little too soon, forgetting that I'm in Missouri. We had some really nice, warm weather last week, and I was thinking about sandals, which lead me to the thoughts of pedicures, because a Southern Woman never shows her feet without having prettied them up, so I spent some time Monday giving myself a pedi/mani and felt all ready to don those sandals, and now it's like 40 degrees here! And there is SNOW predicted for Saturday. What the...?

This is Spring Break, and I'm holed up in the house, supposedly studying for comps, which begin on Sunday and last the entirety of next week. I've already told my students that I'm canceling classes next week and they are quite delighted. So, I've been studying, some, but I've also been doing some cleaning and have watched some movies. I also had a paper I had to finish on Monday that I didn't get done last weekend. It was a bugger and ended up being 18 pages. Glad it's over.

So, what are comps? For me to graduate in May, I have to pass all four sections, which are papers I must write next week, with the exact subjects given to me on Sunday via Blackboard. We've been given "hints" as to what the questions will be, and were given some articles to read, so this week I have to study the articles and find more articles related to the subjects, and write an outline of ideas for the papers. Each paper only has to be six pages, with five sources, but there are FOUR of them. In one week. I'm not nervous about it, though. I know I can do it, I just have to focus!

I took a break yesterday and turned on the TV while eating lunch, and I saw this amazing demonstration on QVC for these microfiber cleaning cloths. They clean everything! With only water! No chemical cleaning products! So I ordered them. Apparently I'm a sucker, now. I give money to strangers in grocery store parking lots, and now I order cleaning "rags" from a television show. I'll let you know how they work.

Thank goodness I got Netflix to resume. I have "Milk" to watch, and I can hardly wait to watch it. Love Sean Penn. I watched "The U.S. vs. John Lennon" last night. I recently read a Lennon bio for Teen Lit class and it got me curious to watch the documentary. Meh. Not that good, and not that interesting, really.

Have "Rachel Getting Married" at the top of my queue. Anyone seen it?

Emily is in Chicago with her church group for Spring Break. She said they would get a break from all the praying to go shopping one day. That was a terrible way to put that, I know. Hope she's having a good time.

I have no idea what Reece is doing. I left a message for him to call me yesterday, but I haven't heard from him. I'm going to call him again in a minute. Mom tells me his latest obsession is the military and he's watching a bunch of war movies now. I love that boy.

Wow, I know this has been riveting. More later!

No comments: