Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Heterogeneous Mixture of Nothing Much

The first thing I learned when I began the Library Science Master's program was that librarians do not believe in censorship. I never believed in it, either, but I didn't know important the idea was until I began my studies. My new favorite website shows just how passionate this topic is for librarians. Go take a look.

Last night, I watched the biopic about Coco Chanel and was quite disappointed in how glossed-over Chanel's life was made in the movie. Shirley MacLaine should have been the perfect actor to portray the older Chanel, but she wasn't convincing in the least. All I saw was Shirley MacLaine, not the role of Coco Chanel. Is there a more accurate movie out there about Chanel? I looked at biographies and found a few books, but haven't found a movie.

Abby had a dental cleaning this week and she was anesthetized for it. I'd been putting off having the procedure done because I didn't want her put to sleep, but she did fine, except she had to have a few teeth removed. I've been giving her canned dog food the last few days and she loves it. She won't want to go back to the dry stuff she's eaten all her life, now. It's been raining constantly for the last couple of days and last night I took Abby out and she refused to do anything but run for cover. Then, she came in and pooped and peed. I had to laugh.

See how boring things are in my little world? All I do is study, work, teach, study some more. Tons and tons of reading and writing papers, peppered with an occasional nap make up my days. I am loving not working full-time, however. Studying is a lot more interesting than working in an office all day. Grading papers is another thing entirely. It's amazing that so many college students do not know how to follow simple instructions. They're all getting a lecture about that this week. I can already see their eyes glazing over.

No comments: