Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wrap-up, Ta-Ta, and See You Later

I know! Three days in a row with the posts. What is up with that? It's been a crazy week. My last week at work and Abby was sick (she's fine, now) and I've been thinking about the next two weeks I am free from work and school and how excited I am to get to go visit the family. I don't think that last sentence was very well-written, but I'm too lazy to fix it.

I spent the past week trying to get everything finished at work and even a little ahead so that my coworkers don't have to pick up much of the slack. Keila, my dear friend and student worker I've adopted, is going to take my job when she returns in August from spending the summer with her family in Texas. Since I actually dearly love my successor, I've tried extra hard to tie up all the loose ends so she won't have a mess to deal with when she begins trying to figure out all the crazy stuff she's going to have to do because it's a university. She will have to work with about a hundred different departments and colleges all over the campus and it gets really confusing and it's so easy to make mistakes, but she's sharp as a tack, so hopefully she'll survive. I worked there for two years and just began to feel comfortable with some tasks related to my job when I turned in my notice that I was leaving.

My photographer friend, Nic, and his girlfriend took me out to dinner Thursday night at their favorite Mexican place. (Note to Emily: do not ever drink five Margaritas in one evening, no matter how delicious they are and how cute you think you are while consuming them. You will pay the next day.) I was so ill Friday, I didn't make it in to work until 11:00. It was brutal, but I knew I had a ton of work to finish on my last day, plus, my wonderful coworkers were giving me a party that afternoon complete with homemade chocolate ice cream, so I put on my eyeliner and dragged myself into work and I swear I will never drink that much again. I still feel like crap today. I'm too old for this. (I seem to say that frequently, yet never learn, do I?)

This visit to Arkansas will be my first since my mom and Auntie Linda bought a house together, and I can't wait to have both women all to myself for coffee every morning. We are going to have a blast. Auntie and I are going to Tunica, MS to visit the casinos one night while I'm home. I've missed the hot, bright lights and the noise and the free booze. I've also missed Emily and Reece just a tad bit. We're going to have some fun, too. And, I'm looking forward to spending time with Grandmother Bera. I told her to have some stories ready for me. She can tell some fascinating ones about The Good Old Days when she's in the mood!

Note to my friend, Sandy: I am so sorry I didn't call you last Sunday after you were nice enough to invite me to your house for dinner! I had a nasty migraine all weekend, probably from the stress of the last couple of weeks, and I didn't call you. I e-mailed you but didn't hear back from you, but I know you read this blog, so please forgive me! I'll call you when I get back to Columbia and maybe you can come for dinner with Emily, Auntie, Halen, and me while they're all here.

I should probably get to work now on my house. It's a disaster and I need to get it cleaned up before I leave. Plus, my friend, Dawn, had offered to keep Milton while I'm away, but then she and Tucker decided to go on a cruise instead, yes, the nerve of them! So, I'm going to have to take the fish to Arkansas for the next two weeks. Plus the dog who's in diapers now. Geez. It's going to be crazy. I promise to post some pics while I'm away!

Now, finally, look at this Youtube. It's so cute and I used to have a puppy that looked just like one of these. Bye!

No comments: