Sunday, February 24, 2008

Enough, already!


2-24-08
Originally uploaded by Aunt Vanessa
Yesterday was great. It was almost 40 degrees; there was very little evidence of the ice storm we'd had earlier in the week. Well. So much for the good weather. I woke up to this.

I got my haircut yesterday. Went to a new hair stylist that my friend, Dawn, recommended and I was very pleased. She gave me a good cut and my hair looked shiny and healthy when she was finished. I bought some Aveda products, too. I'm a sucker for anything that says it'll make your hair look fuller and healthier. The best part of the haircut experience was the fact that my new hair stylist, yes I'm going to keep her, didn't talk my ear off. She chatted a little, but didn't tell me all about her cheating husband or her lazy friend or her awful mother-in-law. I loved it. Of course, I'm always going to miss Marka, my Arkansas hair stylist, but I had to find someone here to cut my hair and I think I've found the perfect person.

Reece has been sick with strep throat. Bless his heart. I talked to him Friday night and he sounded really sick, but a little better yesterday. Here's to you, Reece, you precious sweetheart. Hope you're much better today.

Go over to my Flickr pics to see my new furniture! Love the color. The ottoman is actually the same color as the sofa and chair, it just looks lighter in the photos because of the texture of the fabric. I'm so glad I "went for it" and got the red, and I have a couple of throws and throw pillow options so I can change it whenever I feel like it. I'm truly starting to feel like the diva is awakening in me! Next thing you know, I'll be wearing gold shoes in the daytime.

1 comment:

Miz S said...

The furniture is gorgeous. I'd like to take a little trip down south and park myself right there on that couch.