Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Double Digits


Where has the time gone, Reece? I was reading some of my old journals yesterday and I found an entry about you from 2004. I wrote that we were driving along, you were in your car seat in the backseat, and you said, "Nessa, when I grow up, I'm going to have a lot of money." "Oh, really?" I asked. "Yep," you said, "I've already got my own wallet."

You continue to fascinate me, Reece, with all your interests. Now, you're into guitars and music. Last year it was skateboards. It's still video games, of course. The interest that thrills me most, however, is your love of reading. I used to have to bribe you to read; now, you read on your own and you love it. And, you like to talk about books and writing, and you love going to the bookstore and actually looking at books. Makes me want to cry.

When I came home to see you two weekends ago, I walked into your room and you were sitting in your game chair playing videos (no surprise there). But I loved how you didn't even look up at me, you just tilted your head and turned up your cheek, knowing that I would want to give you a kiss. You still know how to make me melt.

Hope you had a great birthday party with all your friends, and I hope you get some really cool gifts today.

You are the perfect boy and I love you.

Happy Birthday,

Aunt Vanessa

No comments: