Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day of School

That really cute boy, there, is in the fourth grade now. Seems like last week I was feeding him a bottle. And two weeks ago I should have been watching that darling girl play her first T-ball game, not telling everyone that she's now in the eighth grade. I talked to them both briefly last night and Reece says everything went well. He's in the magnet school, International Studies, and has an adjustment to make to a new school this year, but he will be fine. Emily said school was okay, but she couldn't tell me anything else because she had to go to the mall. Typical teenager. I miss them so much!

On a sadder, more worrisome note, I had to take Abby to the vet today. She hasn't been acting like herself for a few days and this morning I noticed she hadn't eaten and hadn't pooped in two days. The doctor thinks she has a little intestinal infection, but no parasites, so she gave me some meds for Abby and some soft food and I fed her a bit of it and she actually ate it, so I think she's going to be fine. Bless her heart, she's never sick and doesn't like that rectal thermometer in the least. Send your good thoughts our way for the next couple of days, please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Abby! Tell her I don't like the rectal thermometer either.

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, you know I'll be keeping Abby in my thoughts. poor little girl, I hope she will be better soon. xoxo