Sunday, December 10, 2006

Some Thoughts That Popped Into My Head This Afternoon While I Was Writing A Paper

I wonder if figure skating is on TV today.

Does Abby need food? Okay, she’s sleeping soundly right now, but I still should get up and check her bowl. And while I’m up, I could pour myself a diet coke. Or some coffee.

You know what would really be good? Some green tea. But, all my mugs are in the dishwasher. I could wash one by hand, but I’m too busy writing this paper to take the time to wash a stinking mug right now. Geez!

Who wrote the first dictionary?

How did language begin?

I should have become a linguist.

I really hate it when someone says “gonna.” It’s not a word, but, I hear it all the time.

And “probably” has THREE syllables.

Why am I such a bitch?

I can write a paper and watch TV at the same time, sure!

No, I can’t.

I really need to take a break and iron my pants. I hate ironing.

I need some new pants.

I wonder when my library books are due. I need to check online and see.

I need some Advil.

I’d better make a list of everything I need to do over the next month.

I need to find a new dentist.

I’m tired of new. I didn’t realize how much, or how comfortable, familiarity is. I have been out of my comfort zone for so long, I’ve forgotten what it’s like.

I need a cookie.

And another one.

I should eat more fruit.

I’m going to start going to the gym after the New Year.

I say that every year.

7 comments:

Crazy MomCat said...

It is nice to know that someone else's mind jumps around like a chihuahua on speed, just like my own. HA!

Anonymous said...

FOCUS!

Anonymous said...

(miz s' comment = LOL)

it's funny how my own list looks like yours!

Anonymous said...

Your list reminds me of the books "If You Give A Pig A Pancake", and "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie", I'm not sure of the author, but I love them. You should check them out.

Anonymous said...

WOW thats random stuff. lol hahaha

Anonymous said...

Without procrastination there would be no Carlinisms!
AL

Anonymous said...

I don't have papers to write but I can still totally relate to this.