Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm Dreaming Of A Beige Christmas

I've seen all the snow I want to see for another year. I mean it. I absolutely will not accept any more frozen precipitation.

I told Emily I would post an entry tonight, so now I'm obligated. I'm leaving Saturday morning to go home for Christmas and I'm so excited! I've got all my shopping finished, got all the gifts wrapped, and finally put away the mess, so now I can relax.

Had a great weekend. Saturday I went shopping with my friend, Dawn. She's really a sweetie. We had such a good time. The weather was wonderful and all the shops downtown were full of happy people and we ate a great lunch, then we went to see The Queen and yes! it was as good as all the reviews. Helen Mirren was Queen Elizabeth. The acting was superb all around, but I don't see it winning Best Picture. I'd see it again, though, just for the settings and the acting, and if you get the chance, don't miss it.

Sunday night my friend Sandy's husband cooked dinner for us and we had a great time watching him do all the work. He baked a ham and cornbread and even make mashed potatoes from real potatoes. I'd forgotten that they don't have to come from a box. Sandy has a couple of really cute little boys that are close in age to Reece, which made me miss him even more. When I was getting ready to leave their house, we were talking about food and I said that I loved ham and all things pork, especially bacon, and Sandy's husband said, "Oh, Sandy, I'm so glad you have a friend who likes bacon." Sandy, you got funny hubby. You keep him.

Reece is going to see Charlotte's Web tomorrow during school (what a great deal that is) but he told me that he would probably be willing to see it again with me over the holiday break. I'm dying to see it. That's one of my favorite stories.

Got my grades; made two As and one B. I simply could not have made an A in managment class. The instructor nitpicked my papers to death, so I didn't stand a chance for an A. I'm just happy to have one semester over!

If I don't post anymore this week, then you guys know I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate. I love you all!!!

Vanessa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grades are awesome! Good job. Merry Christmas, and enjoy your trip home.

Anonymous said...

you did great Vanessa!!! wishing you a great trip and A LOT of fun time with Emily and Reece.

Crazy MomCat said...

Congrats on your grades, Vanessa! From all the way here in always-beige holiday land, I wish you a happy holiday and a great time with your family!