Friday, April 18, 2008

Whatever It Was, It Worked!

Thanks for all the praying, finger crossing, throwing salt over your left shoulder, chanting, whatever. I got the assistantship! Yay! I start in August and I'll be teaching three classes and working in the MU library at the reference desk. This is the experience I need to get a job when I graduate and that is such a huge relief. Of course, I have to quit my job and I'm going to miss most of my coworkers, but I'm definitely taking a step in the right direction as far as my future is concerned.

Tomorrow, I'm getting my hair cut, then packing my car and heading to Arkansas until Wednesday. Emily's playing in a softball tournament tomorrow and Sunday, and I'll get to spend some time with Reece, too, and Mom, and Auntie Linda, and Bera. Cousin Luann's flying in from Austin and we, along with her adorable sisters Lisa and Janet, are going to Memphis on Tuesday to see Elvis Costello. We sort of love him. I'm going to celebrate all the good stuff that is happening before I have to come back to Missouri and bust my arse to get through my final papers of the semester.

So! That's all I've got now, but be sure and look to the right at my new pics on Flickr. Dawn sent them to me earlier this week. Of course they're of Emily and Reece! Who else?

No comments: