Sunday, October 21, 2007

Say Hello To My Little Friend

I told Reece I would put Milton's photo on my blog today. I've been wanting a fish since I left Shakespeare with Emily and Reece when I moved last year. My friend, Dawn, and I were at Hobby Lobby last Tuesday night and I told her I wanted to go look at glass containers because I was looking for a fish bowl. She said, "Hey, I've got one in my car!" How lucky was I that she had one in her car and wanted to give it to me? So, I planned to go to the pet store yesterday, Saturday, and buy a new Betta, but I found this lovely fish at Wal-Mart. I didn't even know they sold fish at Wal-Mart, but I shouldn't be surprised; they sell everything else. I brought him home, named him after my favorite 17th-Century writer, and we are very happy together.

When I told Auntie Linda that I bought him at Wal-Mart, she said, "Whatcha got there is a discount fish." Even in a post-surgical drug-induced haze, man, she's funny.

No comments: