Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Colors are Blush and Bashful

I had the best time over the weekend getting to see the family. Except Reece. No, it wasn't that I didn't enjoy him. He wasn't there. That baby went to camp for an entire week. I was worried he was going to get homesick, but I just spoke with him and he said he had an "awesome" time. I was also worried he wouldn't get enough to eat and he did say that they only ate three meals a day, no snacks. My brother says that Reece usually has his third meal of the day by 1:00 in the afternoon. When I spoke with Reece a minute ago he was in the car with his mom, dad, and Emily. Guess where they were going? IHOP. Guess he's got to make up for lost eating.

Emily played in a softball tournament over the weekend and I got to see her play, but mostly I sweated. Even my eyelashes were hot. Arkansas is hot as hell in June. I do not miss it, no I do not. However, it was worth it to see Emily play (her team placed second) and we were able to spend almost all of Friday together and go shopping and eat Mexican food and watch "Steel Magnolias." It was Emily's first time to watch it and my seven-hundredth, at least, and the very second Shelby bounced down those stairs complaining about her nail polish being too pink for her wedding dress, I started bawling and didn't stop until 30 minutes after the movie was over. That's what I call a Superb Chick Flick. Emily loved it too, what she saw between text messages. That teenager. I have a good photo of her I'll post on Flickr tomorrow.

Also got to do some shopping with Mom and we enjoyed having our morning coffee chats. That's my favorite part of seeing my mom - the morning visits. Abby misses her, too. Also got to have breakfast with Grandmother Bera on Sunday. She's 91 and still reads a couple of novels every week and absolutely never ever misses "Wheel of Fortune." (or "Wheel" as she calls it) She was in a good mood and it was a good visit. I rarely get to see Auntie Linda when I'm home, but she was here last weekend so I'm good with her.

I've got to go now and read my book that came in the mail today. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. So, come back then!

1 comment:

Crazy MomCat said...

I knew exactly what you were talking about from your title. Now I want to go watch my copy of S Magnolias too. I love that movie through and through. It is interesting that a new generation of chicks likes it too...between texting that is. HA!

Fill us in on your book soon--hopefully someday soon I'll get to START mine. HA!