Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Metamorphosis


This is the look of an extremely ecstatic teenager who's had her braces off for literally two minutes. The background is definitely the orthodontist's office! I talked to her today and she said she feels so good to finally have them off! She was a good sport about the braces, however; I don't remember her ever complaining about them, but nevertheless, she's happy with her new, beautiful smile. Yes, Dave, lock her in her room and force her to take up quilting already.
Meanwhile, I'm all excited because Auntie Linda's coming up for the weekend. We're planning a day in Hermann, MO visiting wineries. That should be fun. I am loving the weather. It's about ten degrees cooler than it is in Arkansas and that suits me fine. Too bad we had to suffer all the snow in the winter, but I think it's worth it to get this very pleasant late spring weather. Totally different tune than the one I was singing in February, I know. That one always began with, "This damned snow..."
I just finished THIS book. I stupidly started it Sunday night at 9:30 and was up until 12:30 reading, then read on my lunch hour, then read this morning until 1:30 and had an hour to go to get to the end when I got home from work tonight. Now I'm sleepy as hell, but it was worth it. So, by all means, read the book, especially if you liked The Kite Runner. I think this one is even better, at least more interesting and provides a lot of recent Afghan history that I find fascinating. And the characters! Oh, they (the two women at least) were lovely and strong and by no means one-dimensional. I was crying in the breakroom at work today while reading, and I never cry. Just don't take this one to the beach with you; it's not a fun summer read by any definition.
After three postponements, I am finally going to the dentist tomorrow. Wish me luck. I swear I'd rather visit the gynecologist than the dentist.
Check back Thursday for a little birthday poem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was supposed to go to the dentist tomorrow, too! But I called them up and made excuses and rescheduled.

Have fun. It won't be as bad as you are expecting.

Crazy MomCat said...

Your niece is so pretty! I'm sure she's going to have lots of dates over the next few years!

And, as for that book--I am SO all over it. I loved the Kite Runner and I just read the reviews for that one and it's right up my alley. Even better, I have an amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket and haven't known what to spend it on. Now I do. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

yay for no braces!!! Emily looks beautiful!