Sunday, November 02, 2008

I'm Aunt Vanessa, and I approve this message.

"It seemed that each time we would become proficient at a given task there would be a change made for no apparent reason. It sometimes appeared that changes were made simply because sufficient time had elapsed since the last change. And then our efforts would begin again from the beginning." -General Adalphos

I had no idea how much I was afraid of change until I left my family and everyone I knew a little over two years ago to pursue a new career. Everything I do now is a change from what I was doing a couple of years ago, except for Abby. Yes, people relocate all the time, I know. Only I never did until I was in my forties. And I was excited, but very afraid, and I'm not usually afraid of anything. Now that graduation is approaching, I have to begin my search for a job and I'm up for anything. Maybe Portland, OR. Or Seattle. Or a small coastal town in New Jersey.

Who knows?

All I know is that I have no fear and can't wait for the next chapter to begin.

1 comment:

Miz S said...

I have nothing but admiration for you for taking such a huge step. And I can't wait to see where you decide to move. It's thrilling to think of all the cool places that you could live. You know...Washington DC is AWESOME...I'm just sayin'.